Friday, March 25, 2011

Exciting Changes! :)


I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know about some exciting changes that are going to be happening with My Little Pixies in the next couple of weeks. I am getting ready to launch my own website! You can check it out at http://www.mylittlepixies.com. It's just a skeleton site right now as I'm planning to work on putting all the listings together while I'm away this week. I invested in a wonderful design company called Creative Cottage, who walked me through the entire process and customized my new site to my specifications and requests. I am confident that this is going to be a wonderful move for my business! 

Etsy has been a fantastic springboard for getting started, and I intend to maintain a presence as part of that fabulous community. However, I am going to reduce the number of listings in my Etsy shop to somewhere around 100 of my top items, and I will rotate them seasonally. mylittlepixies.com, on the other hand, will have listings for everything I make, and you will find that browsing the listings is significantly easier on the new site because everything will be categorized in a more organized fashion since I'm no longer limited to just 10 categories. There will also be a link to a custom order form where you'll be able to plug in information on custom requests and link (or maybe even upload if we can get it to work right!) to pictures of outfits you'd like something made to match. :) 

Best of all, for me, being on my "own" website will cut down significantly on the amount of time I have to spend on upkeep- thus giving me more time to be a mom! I won't have to re-list items every time they sell, and if you want to purchase multiples of a particular item (or just 1 of something that I usually do as a pair), you'll be able to do it simply by choosing from a drop-down menu.

Payment on the new site will be easy, via Paypal account or credit/debit card. No sign-in required, no profiles, no shared information. Simple. :)

And, best of all for YOU, I am going to be running a site-wide FREE SHIPPING special with no minimum purchase to celebrate the grand opening. Consider this fair warning. :) I am anticipating my official start-date (and the date of the grand opening special) at the new shop to be Monday, April 4, though items will begin to be available there sooner as I start to get my listings set up. 

All-in-all, this is a really exciting transition for me. It makes me feel like a "real" business to have my "own" website, and I just feel very grateful for the many people who have contributed to making this dream become a reality for me. :) Stay tuned for further updates!

4 comments:

  1. congrats! I have a few items on my wish list so maybe I'll try out the new website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow EB! I'm really impressed! Did you get your state tax ID for business that sell items in Michigan? If you have any questions I can walk you through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You're definitely a "real" business. :) I can't believe it's only taken you a year to get this far. That's amazing. You are where I hope to be one day.
    I have a couple of questions for you. 1. How long were you doing this before it really took off? 2. Which has brought you more business, etsy, this blog, or Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth-Congrats on the expansion of your business. I'm so happy that it is thriving and this will allow you more time with your family. I pray God continues to pour his blessings on to you!

    ReplyDelete