Friday, April 22, 2011

New This Week

Each week, I make dozens of new items- it's what keeps me from getting burnt out! For example, this week, I made:
The "Wild Child" butterfly bow.
Red felt poppies.
Turquoise and pink Hannah headband.
Lots of new fruit clips and other felt applique clips.
Several styles of Nora Bows.

It has been an interesting challenge figuring out how to find my place now that I'm sort of in between Etsy and MyLittlePixies.com. I'm realizing how much Etsy's internal marketing mechanisms really helped me to reach people! I have a great Facebook community with lots of people I genuinely enjoy connecting with- but recent changes to Newsfeed have hidden a lot of my posts from people (even people who haven't deliberately "hidden" me!) It doesn't really matter how cute and fun something is if you can't share it with an audience!

One of the things I love most about doing this is creating new things- trying new ideas and reworking old ones- and whenever I create something I always want to share it with the world! Maybe that's silly, or maybe it's a sign of my deep-seated insecurity (but let's not talk about that... :))- but it's true! It really isn't even about sales for me- I just want to share how much I love this stuff with others! So I've been brainstorming ways to connect with people on what's new in my world. And I came up with the idea of creating a new category on my website where I will put all the "new stuff" each week. Check out the category- "New This Week"- under which will be subcategories for 4 weeks' worth of new items. The new website system allows me to categorize the same item in multiple sections, so all the listings are also in the categories they "belong" in as well.

Each Friday I plan on "sharing" the link- and maybe also doing a little blog post like this just to keep folks up to date. It really hasn't ever been about money for me; it's about doing what I love. And one of the things I love most is creating in the context of community. Y'all are my community. Thanks for being so great! See ya Monday for the next giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment